Monday, August 8, 2011

Tiffany: 'Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez will have more longevity than me

Singer Tiffany Tiffany has said that today's young stars are given more "freedom" than she and fellow former teen idol Debbie Gibson had in the 1980s.

The 'I Think We're Alone Now' musician said that she is glad artists like Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez are given more of a chance to mature as they grow older, but cautioned that they shouldn't be too quick to grow up.

"They have a lot more freedom nowadays. I think they have more longevity as well," Tiffany toldParade. "The transition from young teen start to adult is getting easier because I think we're just expecting them to make that transition."

Tiffany continued: "I also think that they're in an even more adult world now. Deborah [Gibson] and I could never be in a club at 16. Partying in a club was just not acceptable. And wearing the kind of performance outfits that some of the girls are wearing now, that would have killed our careers.

"Some young stars go a little too far too soon. As a mum and now as an aunt with young nieces who want to be these people, I'm like, 'Whoa, slow down'."

Tiffany also revealed that she particularly admires Cyrus and Taylor Swift, explaining: "I'm a big Miley Cyrus fan. I think she's really awesome. And definitely Taylor Swift. I think she's set apart from everyone else because even though she's a young girl, we never really looked at her like a teen star.

"[Swift] always came out really solid as a singer and songwriter and performer. I think she's made some great choices in her career. She's a smart girl and most importantly, she looks like she's having fun and every performance is one of a kind."

Tiffany is currently on tour with Gibson as part of the 'Journey Through the '80s' tour, which travels to Cleveland, Ohio on Wednesday.

Source : DigitalSpy.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment