Friday, July 22, 2011

Brett Michaels talking about miley



 PITTSBURGH -- Prior to hitting the road again this summer with his Poison, the glam-metal band's singer, Bret Michaels, agreed to do e-mail interviews.
Here's what the Butler native had to say about his career and Poison's appearance Sunday at Stage AE with Motley Crue:
Q: When you performed locally last year at First Niagara Pavilion, VH1 cameras were filming. Will that be the case when Poison performs at Stage AE?
A: We always like to have cameras rolling to catch footage; you never know what's going to happen and the shows are always a great time so yes, we'll have cameras rolling so we don't miss anything. It's not necessarily for VH1 but I always have fun projects up my sleeve and the tours are always crazy so we definitely try to get a lot of footage.
Q: You've played Stage AE, headlining a Pittsburgh Steelers pep rally. What was your favorite moment of that experience?
A: I was raised in Steelers territory and I'm a Steelers fan through and through. Two of my first loves were music and the Steelers, so headlining the Steelers pep rally was an awesome combination of two things I'm really passionate about. I loved every moment of it: seeing the fans, feeding off of their energy, getting out there to support my team and rock out with the fans. It was incredible and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My daughter Raine was with me as well so that was a great moment.
Q: What are your most vivid memories of growing up in Butler? And did you ever spend any time in Beaver County.?
A: I have great memories of Butler. I was always outdoors being active as a kid. I played a lot of sports, little league football. Always something active. I rode dirt bikes all time. I still love to ride -- I just created the Bret Michaels Rock Hard, Ride Hard Award for supercross/ motocross which will be a cash prize awarded in Las Vegas for the toughest and most fearless rider of the season. But I loved growing up in Butler and I spent a fair amount of time in Beaver County, as well, so I'm excited to be coming back to the area.
Q. Poison is celebrating 25 years together. Which of the band's accomplishments has made you the proudest?
A: Celebrating our 25th anniversary is a real milestone. We literally built Poison from the ground up. We took nothing and turned it into something huge. So, I'm still proud of that and I know the guys are all proud of that as well. I still love touring and playing with the guys after all these years and the fans are still loving it. That means everything to me.
Q: Poison is touring with Motley Crue. What was it like hanging with those guys on the Sunset Strip back in the day?
A: It was just pure mayhem. Those were some of the craziest times of my life, and some of the most fun too, as you can imagine. We caused trouble and we always had a good time.
Q: Also on the tour is the New York Dolls. Did their music or stage style influence Poison?
A: Oh, absolutely. The New York Dolls were a huge influence. They were real 1970s rock and it's an honor to be heading out on tour with them this summer.
Q: What was a bigger artistic risk on your last album: Covering Sublime or singing with Miley Cyrus?
A: With both of those, I didn't think "Wow, I'm taking a really big risk here, artistically." I thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be cool do this." So I didn't see covering Sublime or working with Miley as a risk. I saw both of those tracks as an opportunity to evolve as an artist and stretch myself. I consider myself truly lucky because I have the kind of fans who support and encourage me when I step outside of the box and do something unexpected.
Q: You brought your daughters on stage last year at First Niagara Pavilion. Have they gotten used to daddy being a rock star? And would you encourage them to pursue musical careers?
A: My girls love having a rock star daddy. I miss them like crazy when I'm on the road but I get them out to see me as much as possible. Raine and Jorja are both hugely talented and if they want to follow in my footsteps and pursue a career in music then I'm all for it. I would love that. I actually just re-recorded "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" with both of them for Kidz Bop Monster Ballads which was, by far, one of the coolest collaborations I've gotten to do. It was such a fun project to work on.
Q: You won "Celebrity Apprentice" and got to distribute your brand of Snapple, yet it's Donald Trump's face that dominates the bottle. How come?
A: Look, I'm not trying to compete with Donald Trump-- I'm just honored to share a label with him.
Source : timesonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment